CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL | AKRON, OH
WS was engaged to provide Building Envelope Commissioning services as a part of the Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) team for the Ambulatory Care Center & Critical Care Tower Project.
WS provided exterior building envelope commissioning (BECx) and other technical consultation services, in a collaborative effort for the exterior envelope of this new healthcare facility.
The following systems were to be the subject of this BECx project:
- Foundation waterproofing
- Exterior wall backup (air barrier, vapor control barrier, thermal barrier)
- Masonry wall system (assumed cavity wall systems
- Curtain wall and window systems
- Metal panel wall systems
- Exterior doors frames and hardware
- Roof systems
- Exterior joint sealant
- Perimeter fire stopping (exterior wall-to-floor joints), and
- All exterior building envelope accessories, terminations and transitions