WORK AT WHEATON SPRAGUE BUILDING ENVELOPE
WS is a great place to work! Current available positions are listed below. We always invite resumes for those interested in joining our company, even if there isn’t presently an opportunity. That can change in an instant, so please contact us.
We value our staff and believe in providing competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, profit sharing, recognition, and integration in decision-making. We believe productivity and flexibility are not mutually exclusive, so we allow flexibility to staff members both personally and professionally, as long as project and client goals are being met.
Wheaton Sprague is currently seeking the following positions:
Mission/Vision/Essence of Position
Wheaton & Sprague Engineering, Inc., also known as Wheaton Sprague Building Envelope (WS), a leader in the design and engineering of curtain wall and building enclosures, seeks a growth-minded, proficient, collaborative and innovative curtain wall Senior Structural Engineer, and registered P.E. in our North East Ohio Headquarters. The Northeast Ohio national headquarters for WS provides expert façade design and engineering work to local, regional, and national markets, working on some of the most visible and noteworthy curtain wall systems in North America for world-class and national clients.
Ideally, this candidate has worked in the delegated-design and engineering façade / cladding /enclosure / curtain wall industry and has developed an expert and proficient understanding of building enclosures and their performance in the global marketplace. This candidate will have a PE or SE in multiple states, with a current NCEES record. Having a California PE or SE or the ability to secure one within a 6-month time frame is desired.
This Senior Structural Engineer will be responsible for a combination of client, market and practice segments within WS’s Stow, Ohio Branch Office. He or she will utilize interpersonal skills, industry knowledge, and engineering expertise to support and expand existing client relationships, execute complex engineering work, and PE Seal calculations, drawings and other work products. This growth-minded engineer will build value to clients and the organization, delegate work assignments, mentor, and train engineering support staff. He or she will pursue excellence in Engineering Project Management, Client Management, and technical leadership, and help to shape the future growth and capability of WS’s engineering work and people.
This is a career-track position with excellent long-term potential for growth and influence within the company. He or she will be responsive to the needs of the project and client and will work with WS teams to produce successful outcomes both for WS and for the client. The optimal candidate will understand a dual responsibility for technical leadership of staff and excellence in meeting client expectations, delivering tangible value for both. Why? In order to build and infuse value to clients, their projects and their businesses in every service provided. This brand is trademarked for WS as “Creating Structure”.
Other personal qualities for this person and position:
- Highly motivated self-starter with P&L responsibility and technical quality for engineering projects or portions of projects
- Curious, Self-Learning, Alert, Responsive, Collaborative
- Leader both in the industry, as a client leader, and with WS staff
- Seasoned technical professional who can embody the WS brand, maintain and support existing clients, and build new client relationships who value our brand and expertise
- Relationship developer and maintainer that can cultivate and build trust
- Provides leadership to and collaboration with the project team to support project goals Communicates effectively with colleagues and staff members in multiple forums and disciplines
Background, Experience, Education:
Education/Experience: B.S.C.E. B.S.A.E. (architectural engineering) with Structural Emphasis from an ABET accredited college, P.E. license required, minimum 10+ years as Engineer in curtain wall, cladding or related field
Responsibilities include the ability to define scope of work, prepare or assist in the preparation of proposals, manage projects, and supervise/mentor engineering teams. An understanding of current emerging technologies within the building exterior/construction field and the ability to relate the engineering performance aspects as well are critical. Experience necessary in some or all of the following; glass, aluminum, metal panels, stone veneer, UHPC, terra cotta, rail, canopy, sunshades, and other forms of exterior cladding and architectural components. This Senior Structural Engineer will be expected to maintain and grow relationships through excellence in project execution and adherence to the WS Branch.
This is a full-time permanent position with an attractive benefits package.
Some other duties and competencies expected:
- Work as high -level technical specialist on structural engineering projects
- Have a complete understanding of structural principles and how to apply them to problems
- Understand complex structural calculations and procedures
- Thinks creatively, applying structural design concepts to both routine and complex problems
- Leader of a team of engineers on projects
- Staff specialist who can understand complex, new or individual problems to be solved
- Consultant who works with clients and project managers on special projects, write reports, performs forensic and due diligence investigating
- Supports technical work in new product development
- Understands and utilizes structural engineering software and FEA programs
- Participates in company training program
- Trains and mentor junior staff
- Provides technical support to WS Executive leadership on specific projects
- Helps with functional design of systems
- Has a complete grasp of building codes, standards, and current practices
- Works with AAMA, AA, AISC, ACI, ASCE and related technical standards
- Participate in technical society functions and committees
Wheaton Sprague, a leader in the design and engineering of curtain wall and building enclosure systems, seeks a motivated, alert, communicative, forward-thinking civil engineer experienced in the building envelope industry. We seek a creative, analytical, problem-solving engineer who can explore complicated problems, working independently to deliver a product that meets or exceeds the needs of our clients. We want someone who wants to be challenged and to grow with us personally and professionally. Excellence in the use of AutoCAD, STAAD, MathCAD and other software tools to aid in analysis, and high levels of mathematics are required. Experience with curtain wall or other forms of exterior cladding is highly desired and blast engineering is a plus. P.E.’s, or non P.E.’s with the desire to obtain their professional registration should apply.
WS facilitates the design, operation, repair, and construction of safe, serviceable structures, and building enclosures while bringing added value through creative and practical problem-solving skills and a focus on maximizing the client’s experience and success. At WS, we call this Creating Structure®.
If the idea of growing with an exciting company, working on some spectacular national projects and living in the beautiful state of North Carolina sounds appealing to you, send a resume to email@example.com
Your Content Goes Here