Building Envelope Commissioning (BECx) Provides a systematic quality assurance process that is intended to identify and avoid issues that could lead to defective or deficient building envelope or roof assemblies in new construction projects. Commissioning of existing building envelope or roofing systems may require developing new functional criteria to address the owners current requirements for system performance.
BECx provides documented confirmation that exterior building systems function according to criteria set forth in the project documents to satisfy the owner’s operational needs.
WS Building Envelope provides professional services through Pre-Design, Design, Construction, and Occupancy/Operations phases to address any performance objectives required by an owner for the exterior enclosure, curtain wall or roofing systems, including the control of:
- Day lighting
- Heat flow (Infrared, Ultraviolet)
- Air flow (Infiltration, Exfiltration)
- Rain penetration, moisture control, vapor control
- Constructability, maintainability, and sustainability
- Structural performance, durability, security, & reliability.